August 05, 2010

1 month to go...

So, in exactly 1 hour, the official 1-month-to-the-departure-for-Los-Angeles countdown begins. I am finding it immensely hard to fathom. But I try to, fathom it, that is, and in my trying, I thought - why not project my thoughts onto a, by now classic exhange-student feature, the blog! Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking. Another blog? How very 2006 of her! But you see, I have convinced myself that there are oodles and oodles of people, who are dying to know my innermost thoughts and who would love to be able to peep in on my Hollywoodarian adventure (and I'm even writing in English, so I'm counting on an international crowd!), so, behold, dear Friends (and maybe even foes?), the birth of my very own blog!

Also, I'm of the conviction that reading a blog is funner than getting the old 'Dear All-email'. This format leaves space for more cheekyness (I know, technically it should be spelled 'cheekiness', but somehow it doesn't sit right with me, so I'm opting out of the restrictions of the recognized way of spelling), more glitzy layout and more fancy features (such as pictures, music and who knows what loony-toony ideas I'll have) than the already-unsexy electronic mail. And if you're thinking, 'Oooh, someone's gotten too fancy for Facebook', then A) You don't know me, B) You haven't taken into account the fact that I'm quite wordy (which I guess still means you don't know me), so status updates might both get excessively long for what seems like appropriate Facebook-behavior (come one, there is an appropriate behavior, and you know it!)and updates might get a little lost in translation, if you're not supernazi about checking my profile all the time (which incidentally also would make me a little uneasy, for some reason) or C) Eh...I got nothing, so I guess ehm, just either A) or B). Any-old-hoo, the blog is here and I'm stoked to find that I am this excited about it - it comes as quite a surprise to me, I can tell you! But by golly, it's almost making me feel like a mere schoolgirl of 25 again! Oh, think of all the fun we'll have! Me writing and you reading and all. Ooh, wait - there's also a commenting feature!(yeah, like I didn't know that - but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to elegantly transition into the next piece of information she wishes to convey, right)?! So this endeavour could actually turn into an actual 'interaction-type-deal'!? See? I told you, this was cool!

And, with this, my dearest and nearest (stalkers are also welcome, I don't discriminate), it feels like the appropriate moment to submit, with quivering hands (for dramatic effect), this my first blog entry.

Much love, 

M-M

Ps. If you found this either challenging or just flat-out annoying to read because of all the parenthesis-action, you should probably refrain from tuning into the Kongsved-channel again. It's only gotta get worse, I fear...

Pps. Ooh, also, don't get attached to the layout, it will change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment