September 16, 2012

CHEAP THRILLS


Coming as a surprise to absolutely no one, who has found their way to my biannually updated blog, my husband is currently directing his very first feature film entitled 'CHEAP THRILLS.' Evan has been working enormously hard on this film for the better part of this year, so it is pretty thrilling, in no cheap way, to see things starting to come together. The film was written by two dear friends of ours, Trent Haaga and David Chirchirillo, and is being produced by an equally close friend, Travis Stevens, so all in all, there is a lot of love and passion invested in this project. And with a stellar cast that includes Pat Healy, Sara Paxton, David Koechner, Ethan Embry and Eli, this movie is looking real good, and I mean reeeaaaal good. Yesterday, I visited the set, and while trying to stay out of the way, there was no way I was not going to take a zillion pictures. For your convenience (and sanity), I've selected a few favorites, so go on, read all about it, come and get your cheap thrill:

You know this is cool. 
Pensive Evan, center stage, from a distance.
Shirt-Tie-And-Beard Travis; the awesomely talented DP Sebastian
(who incidentally is a fellow Dane, I might add); and the never-tiring boom operator 'Sauce'
Our awesome friend, TJ, has come down all the way from Seattle
 to do a behind-the-scenes documentary on Cheap Thrills.
As you can see from this picture, it is very VERY serious business.
Evan and Pat, poetically framed by palm trees in a perfect
director/actor union.Well, either that or they're shit-talking in between takes.

Don't try and pretend this shot doesn't make you all happy inside. I know you.
Trying not to get in the way, I wandered around a little bit,
and somehow ended up on the roof of the house.
Well, I'm glad I did, because look what I found: LA!


Roof-top-view part deux: Evan in The Jungle.
Evan and Travis share an innocent moment of mirth and relief.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Celestial light shines down upon the Director and the Actor.
Sebastian in a moment of...lots of things.
"QUIET ON SET!"
Evan directs, Pat acts, TJ documents. And I? Well, I document the documentation
of Evan directing and Pat acting. It's important stuff, you guys.
Pat and Evan planning out the next scene with the script supervisor.
Sebastian and Ethan Embry and Ethan's Finger in Sebastian's Face.
...but fear not, 'tis was just acting! Ethan is really very very nice. Check out his best friend on set!
That's right, bring on the aawwww's.

In a rather visually eloquent metaphysical commentary on Evan's departure
from the realm of (purely) screenwriting, here he stands with the Screenplay,
his foundation, in the background, looking forward.

Meanwhile, TJ captures it all. 
Pat and Travis.
Why, yes I will come home with you, tonight!
A little wisdom from a movie set, guys and girls.

Alright, so, that was it for this round. I will probably pop back onto set a few more times, before they wrap, if for nothing else, then to make sure my husband is being fed! So, perhaps, just perhaps, more pictures will follow...But for now, I shall leave you with this and the words of Agent Orange:

bloodstains - speed kills - fast cars - cheap thrills

No comments:

Post a Comment