Stylistics of moving image (FTV 115) class. TA Phil's head, watching Chinatown. Totally awesome. The movie, that is. And the class. And, I guess Phil's head is kinda awesome too. It sure knows a whole lot.
Same class. Same screening. Different dude.
Went to dinner at Bibigo! with new friends Cassie and Martin and old friend Pelle (that's right, you're already 'old', Profet)...and afterwards we had dessert at this, apparently famous, cookie place. Seriously yummy business.
A clear sign (bada-bing! She punned!) that I'm no longer in Denmark. A parking lot with simultaneous instructions for both trucks, limousines, campers and 6 wheelers...yeah, not terribly Danish. But I guess that can be explained by my being in Los Angeles, and not, say, Denmark. (I know. I'm smart, right?)
After dinner and dessert we went back on campus to hear Miss Sofie take part in a stomp performance called 'Pandemonium'. It was absolutely spectacular! This is the entrance to Royce Hall, UCLA's famous concert hall/theatre.
Inside Royce, waiting for the action to start...
To get off the bus, this is what you yank.
Romantic still life on the number 2 bus. I mean, if two people reach for these babies, they're gonna be holding hands. (note to self: If you ever need a 'cute meet' for a (cheezy romantic comedy) movie, think bus hand-strap-thingies)
Lunch with the legendary screenwriter Lorenzo Semple Jr., the gorgeous Miss Rose, the accomplished novelist James Salter (who was in town because he'd won the Penn/Faulkner award for his book 'Late Nights'. It's a collection of shorts and it's seriously awesome.) and his equally fabulous playwright wife, Kay Eldredge. Quite an amazing bunch of people!
James ('Jim') and Rose
Lorenzo and Jim
Jim
Amazing bottle of rum! I mean literally, an amazing bottle - didn't have the rum, which was allegedly mediocre.
Tricolore. Both the French and the Italian.
Tricolore. Both the French and the Italian.
Kay
Poster of Lorenzo in his hey-day. Methinks he must have been quite the ladies' man.
When it gets foggy here, it gets foggy! There's no messin' about. This is Wilshire Blvd - right across the street from where I live. This is my bustop vue.
En route to my beloved sculpture garden. To the left is McGowan (Theater and dance department), going back is Melnitz (Film and TV) and to the right is Broad (Art). Yeah, I feel right at home in this hood.
What's up, bitches?
Outside Powell Library a photo shoot was taking place the other day. This is what 'preppy' looks like. Sceptic smiley. The shoot looked as uninspired as the models, if you ask me ...
Some of you may know that I, in addition to my UCLA screenwriting classes, have also been taking a screenwriting workshop at the Writers Guild in Beverly Hills. Well, yesterday was my last workshop and I finally conjured up enough courage to snatch a few pictures of the panelists. Starting from the left is Dan Petrie Jr. (Academy award-nominated writer of 'Beverly Hills Cop' and 'Turner and Hooch' among others), next up was Richard ('Dick) Clement and Ian La Frenais (writers of 'The Rock', 'The Bank Job', 'Across the Universe', 'Flushed Away' and many many more), then Christopher Markus and Steve McFeely ('Chronicles of Narnia' and soon...ssschh...it's a secret... 'Captain America'! They just finished shooting in London!). This was such a great night. Totally sad the series is over.
Chris, Steve and Robin Swicord ('Little Women', 'The Jane Austen Book Club', 'Memoirs of a Geisha' - she may look a little boring, but this lady was so cool! Sassy even!)
In Melnitz we have movie theater, the James Bridges Theater. This is behind the scenes.
This is what a woman feels like.
Outside Broad, there's a wall. On that wall are sculptures that I've walked past everyday for 2,5 months. Today, I stopped to take a closer look. They're by Matisse. And they're unbelievably beautiful. I'm wondering if I could build a house on UCLA campus ground. Preferably in the sculpure garden. 50 feet away from James Bridges and a stone's throw away from stunning sculptures and libraries with amazing books. Sounds pretty neat to me.
The wall.
See!? This is some hot shit.
Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Ha! How movie geeky do I look? I'd say a fair amount... hehe.
Nature vs. Artifice.
Amazing light, amazing sculpture. Very happy about this one. Wish I could claim credit for some of it, but I regret to inform that I neither made the sculpture, nor created light. But hey, I took a picture with my iPhone! (I'm so talented, I know)
Up close and personal (well, with a butt like that, she can handle a close-up)
Different perspective
Dancer's pose
It's amazing how a little change of perspective can alter the whole image (feel free to read metaphorical meaning into this one as well)
Super cute movie geek pic! Makes me want to serve you after-school cookies and milk and talk about movies and what you learnt in school today ...
ReplyDelete