February 17, 2011

The Invasion of The Brits: "The Banksy Episode"

So, some of you attentive followers out there (mom), may remember that the last time I blogged, it was because a dear British gentlemen had cooked me dinner. Well, two days ago, just around the corner from where Jamie Oliver worked his magic, mr. Street-Zorro himself, senor Banksy, created a genuine work of art as part of his Academy Awards Tour (and as you may know, he is nominated in the Best Documentary-category for 'Exit Through The Gift Shop'). Too excited for words, I got up way early to go take a peek at the piece, which is a mere 5-minute-walk from UCLA. 


 Bright and early - I had him all to myself. 

I know, pretty cool, huh?

Close-up of the lil' dude.

Me and the kid, we take art very seriously.

Long-shot

Crayons as ammunition! I can totally get behind that idea!

Dadaism

I passed 8 hours later and the word was officially out. 

Now the question remains: How long will they let our little Art Soldier pride the grey wall of Urban Outfitters' back alley? Protest rallies against its removal are already being organized on Facebook, but we'll see...One of his other works (on Sunset and La Cienega, was it?) has already been painted over, so I'd be very surprised if they let this one live. But isn't that sort of the beauty of it too?

No comments:

Post a Comment