January 28, 2011

Saving the world one burger at a time

So, you know when you're a student and you don't have any cash, and you find yourself thinking: "Maaaan...looks like I'm livin' off oats this weekend..."? Well, that was what I was thinking to myself, when I was walking down Westwood Blvd about 1,5 hours ago. I had been studying for midterms and working on my first article for The Daily Bruin the whole day, and I was headed home to heat up the aforementioned oats, so that I'd have some energy to work until midnight-ish. So, I'm walking and thinking...about food...and then I suddenly hear somebody yell: "Hey gorgeous, you want a free burger? It's organic and healthy!" I turn around and there I see...well...I'll keep the suspense a little bit longer, because, frankly, it's too good to share right off the bat. But a free burger? A free, organic and healthy burger? HELL yeah, I wanted one! I got in line.

I met some lovely people standing in line. 
The lady on my left went for the Revolution Burger
and the curly-haired girl on my right went for a veggie-combo
invented by the burger master on the spot. 
Ok, you want to know who it was? Fine, I'll show you:
Can you tell? Yeah, that's right...you've seen him before...

IT'S JAMIE FREAKIN' OLIVER!

Now, how is that for some good luck?
No money, no food - well, no worries: 
Jamie Oliver will just cook you dinner. For free! Naturally! 

...and you bet your little hineys it was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!

Incidentally, this also means that you might see me on Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, at some point. But heck, I can dance around on tv for a Green Godess-burger (which was what I got), anyday!

YAY FOR GOOD FORTUNE! 

Now, I'm definitely re-energized and ready to finish my article. Thanks Jamie, you're a doll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment